Iowa States' second annual "Symposium on Enhancing Sustainability" featured sessions topics, including, but not limited to:
- Teaching sustainability in the classroom,
- Campus energy conservation,
- Sustainable agriculture, and
- Student activities in support of ISU's Live Green! initiative.
Other presentations included:
- Patagonia clothing company founder Yvon Chouinard,
- The keynote speech, by Leith Sharp, the founding director of Harvard University's green campus initiative.
One of the ideas Sharp presented was, "[P]eople with very high consumption levels are no happier than people with quite conservative consumption levels."
Read more: http://www.livegreen.iastate.
Source: ISU News Flash. 3-5-2010